MissionGO is seeking a Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) Visual Observer
MissionGO is searching for highly motivated individuals to join our team who possess an FAA Part 107 certificate, have an exceptional commitment to safety, are accountable for flight operations, have experience in sUAS operations.
The sUAS Pilot shall have responsibility over each flight conducted and be held accountable for the flight operation. A successful teammate will abide by MissionGO’s safety rules and regulations to oversee their individual flight operation while in the field.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Cares about overall mission
- Has a passion for safety
- “Do whatever it takes” mentality to help the overall success of the mission
- Works well within a team environment
- Humble and hungry for exciting work at a startup
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work for the Utilities Project Manager and others as assigned to meet mission objectives
- Coordinate flights with MissionGO flight operations
- Collect useable high-quality imagery of assigned assets
- Manage a Visual Observer when assigned
- Act as a Visual Observer crewmember as needed
- Coordinate with Data Manager to ensure all deliverables met
- Maintain flight hours and proficiency on all assigned aircraft
- Conduct pre-mission planning including operational risk management.
- Work with team members and customer representatives with different backgrounds and abilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- US Citizen able to pass a criminal background check
- Proficient in English • Hold current Part 107 Certificate
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of two years of experience with UAS Operations
- Mature decision-making skills
- Problem solver
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot computer and technical issues
- Ability to work in a team environment and interface professionally with customers
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to diffuse stressful situations
- 40-hour work week
- Salary positions as well as hourly
- Travel required
- Willing and able to operate in field conditions and inclement weather
- Unmanned fixed-wing experience
- Knowledgeable with UGcS and Mission Planner ground control station software
- FAA Recreational pilot certificate or above
- Proficiency in Spanish
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment will constantly change and will include but are not limited to, extensive exposure to sun, heat, cold, wind. Often employees will be faced with considerable terrain challenges such as aggressive elevation changes, up and down, and different footing challenges such as soft sandy bases, rocky base, and thick vegetation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long hours and work in rough outdoor environments. The employee is expected to maintain the physical ability to meet these challenges.