MissionGO Unmanned Systems is searching for a highly motivated sUAS Instructor Pilot to join our team. Qualified candidates must possesses an FAA Part 107 certificate and have an exceptional commitment to safety, bewilling to be held accountable for commanding flight operations and training, and have a significant amount of sUAS operational experience.
The sUAS Pilot/Instructor will provide hands-on flight training to clients. During training events, the sUAS Pilot/Instructor is responsible for ensuring the safety of all flights conducted. This includes a safe flight area as well as a safe, professional, and compliant operation. A successful teammate will abide by MissionGO’s safety rules and regulations during all training events.
- Must care about overall mission
- Have a passion for safety and compliance
- Do whatever it takes to help the overall success of the mission
- Work well within a team environment
- Be excited to work at a startup
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work for the Training Lead and others as assigned to meet mission objectives
- Conductflight training for clients using MissionGO’s training system
- Assist with administrative duties
- Manage a Visual Observer and/or crew when assigned
- Act as a Visual Observer crewmember as needed
- Maintain flight hours and proficiency on all MissionGO aircraft and have the ability to plan and analyze flight missions
Qualifications and Experience:
- US Citizen
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Hold current Part 107 Certificate
- Minimum of five years of experience with sUAS Operations
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Great communicator
- Advanced computer skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure and diffuse stressful situations
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Full time salary position, 40-hour work week
- Living in proximity to MissionGO Headquarters in Baltimore.
- Travel required
- Willing and able to operate in classroom setting, field conditions and inclement weather
- Extensive Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems experience within the public safety sector
- Knowledgeable with UGcS and Mission Planner ground control station software
- Highly knowledgeable of various sUAS platforms
- While not required, holding a Private Pilot certificate is a plus
The work environment described above represents what an employee should expect when performing the essential functions of this job. However, the work environment can include an office setting, a classroom instructional setting, and an indoor/outdoor flight instruction setting. There will be exposure to sun, heat, cold, and wind – often extreme. This employee will be asked to help with simultaneous projects and tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long hours and work in indoor and outdoor environments. The employee will also be required to lift 25 – 50 lbs on occasion. The employee is expected to maintain the physical ability to meet these challenges.